I was asked by and old friend of mine to create the logo for his production company "Triton Kings Productions". Below are the steps in which I took to create the design:
This was the first thought I had for the logo. But I felt it was too wide, or just too much going on. So I went back to paper and drew something a little more compact, I then blew it up and drew a new design from that.
Here, I just messed around with different color schemes to see what looked good.
I took apart all the pieces and visualized some colors in my head and came up with the cyan and red.
After showing what I had to Nate, he chose these colors he wanted. I added the sparkles and the letters with a 'bastarda-k' font.